With just a few hours until we ring in the new year, I wanted to look back on this year in my blog. Here are the top posts of the year by reader page views!
1. My Living Room Redo (top center)- It was so fun to document the transformation of my living room!
2. Decorating On A Dime (middle right)- Where I shared my tips for thrifting great home decor.
3. 4 Reasons a Custom Doll Might Be a Perfect Grad Gift (top right)- A fresh new idea for the ever-difficult-to-shop for Graduate.
4. Vintage Sewing Notions (top left)- It was a joy to take the time to photograph the pretty packaging of the vintage trims I've collected.
5. Mary Poppins Doll (middle center)- A childhood favorite comes to life!
6. Vintage Flower Brooches (middle left)- Another fun thrifted collection that I shared this year! (Many more to come in 2014!)
7. Hen and Chick Patterns (bottom center)- A new venture for me, I now have 10 different PDF sewing patterns in my shop! It was fun to look back at this post, the first two.
8. Halloween Dolls (bottom left)- I was thrilled by the support these stripey legged beauties received!
Thank you to all of my readers who have made it a joy to write this blog this year! I look forward to sharing lots more with you in 2014, from my latest dolls, to my latest vintage collection, to the state of my garden, it's going to be a great year, and I'm looking forward to enjoying it with you! Happy New Year!
I have very robust home decor board on Pinterest, and I had begun to notice that my favorite living room ideas all had white walls. This was quite a revelation after years of ensuring I didn't have a single white wall in my home, opting instead for cheerful, yet subtle color instead.
But in addition to liking the look of white walls on Pinterest, my color taste had changed to also enjoy bright and colorful bursts of primary colors and wild prints too. And those things look out of place with a sage green background. So I decided to paint my living/dining area white.
I was amazed how much brighter and bigger the new white space felt!
Now I feel so much flexibility in the colors I can use for accessorizing. Displaying my little vintage treasures has never been easier. I think one of my favorite things is displaying the colorful thrifted afghan collection.
I've been collecting vintage flower pins for a while now, and I was thrilled this weekend when I was thrifting and came across my newest addition. The white one in the center above was in the little jewelry case, and when I asked to see it, I nearly fainted to find that the price tag was 95 cents! Of course I bought it on the spot.
These two are my favorites. I often wear them together, pinned to my jean jacket or cardigan.
The little red one is the perfect scale for my dolls, I just realized! Look how cute my cloth Frida doll looks with it pinned to her lacy blouse.
The little orangish-brownish one is really cool, too. The two layers of petals can pivot, and thus make two different looks:
Do you collect vintage accessories? What are your favorites? Where do you have the best luck finding them? Share in the comments!
Hi there! Welcome to the world of Hen and Chick! My dolls and art are designed and created by me for you to bring a bit more beauty to your life. Shop at HenAndChick.etsy.com