This custom Little Red Riding Hood was a birthday present for a little girl and it was based on some really neat vintage illustrations that her mom sent me. The pictures were probably from the 40's, and I loved how the printed red fabric I picked for the dress captured that era's vibe.
The customer who purchased this sweet little fellow and his dog sent me a message recently to let me know he arrived safely at his new home in Istanbul!
This special group of dolls went to live at a terrific child care center in Virginia that specializes in being green and keeps Eco-friendly toys for the kids there.
This set of mermaid dolls was created for and will be available at a seaside gift shop in Rhode Island called Moby and Madge. Check it out if you are in the area!
This set of dolls was modeled to match the traditional costumes of the Sami people of Norway. This is one of three Norwegian costume styles I've been working on for a project with a Norwegian gallery owner. I'll tell you more about this project soon...
Making doll families is one of my favorite types of orders. This one was no exception! So much fun.
I'm hoping to make a big batch of ready-to-ship dolls soon, so keep an eye out here and on the shop!
With just a few hours until we ring in the new year, I wanted to look back on this year in my blog. Here are the top posts of the year by reader page views!
1. My Living Room Redo (top center)- It was so fun to document the transformation of my living room!
2. Decorating On A Dime (middle right)- Where I shared my tips for thrifting great home decor.
3. 4 Reasons a Custom Doll Might Be a Perfect Grad Gift (top right)- A fresh new idea for the ever-difficult-to-shop for Graduate.
4. Vintage Sewing Notions (top left)- It was a joy to take the time to photograph the pretty packaging of the vintage trims I've collected.
5. Mary Poppins Doll (middle center)- A childhood favorite comes to life!
6. Vintage Flower Brooches (middle left)- Another fun thrifted collection that I shared this year! (Many more to come in 2014!)
7. Hen and Chick Patterns (bottom center)- A new venture for me, I now have 10 different PDF sewing patterns in my shop! It was fun to look back at this post, the first two.
8. Halloween Dolls (bottom left)- I was thrilled by the support these stripey legged beauties received!
Thank you to all of my readers who have made it a joy to write this blog this year! I look forward to sharing lots more with you in 2014, from my latest dolls, to my latest vintage collection, to the state of my garden, it's going to be a great year, and I'm looking forward to enjoying it with you! Happy New Year!
Today is the last day to order a doll for Christmas arrival! I have these 8 dolls in stock now and ready to ship. Get one while you can!
One of my favorite places on earth is in my little studio. It's where I create all of my handmade cloth dolls, stuffed animals, and develop my PDF patterns. I work in a spare room of my house, and it is packed to the gills. It is seldom neat as a pin, but usually at least partly tidy.
I usually have company, and my company usually brings his toys.
Things get a little stacked up sometimes. It's hard to have room for all of my inventory, ongoing and current projects, fabric, stuffing, packing supplies and everything else in a ten by ten area! But I shoe-horn it all in somehow.
I am seldom without tunes of some kind (okay, I admit to an inordinate amount of Journey) and I often stare out the window at the trees in my yard when I take a tea break.
Thanks for stopping by the Hen and Chick Studio for a visit!
Come back soon!
Hi there! Welcome to the world of Hen and Chick! My dolls and art are designed and created by me for you to bring a bit more beauty to your life. Shop at HenAndChick.etsy.com